Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray Dance Centers we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- What a great place for couples to learn to dance and learn to enjoy dance.John DeGirolamoFacebook
- It is a wonderful dancing experience. The instructors are very knowledgeable and professional. The lessons are always fun. You will certainly be glad you took lessons from this studio.Mike CorbinFacebook
- WOW, taking dance lessons is such a fun way to reconnect with your loved one while having a blast and burning calories! My husband and I really enjoy our lessons and the special time it gives us away from the every day grind to connect with each other. Plus there is a lot of giggling and poking fun at one other too! Highly recommend for couples looking to have fun!!Tanya CieloFacebook
- My first time at this studio.....visiting from New York City and I was able to get my salsa fix here last night. I was dancing non stop with all the friendly ladies. Five thumbs up!!!Raul MarquezFacebook
- I had never taken dance lessons before and was a little nervous. However, from the moment I walked in the door I was welcomed with open arms! The entire staff has such a great energy about them and their passion for dancing shows! I will never take lessons anywhere else!!!Kim SpencerFacebook
- Michelle Barry and her team at Arthur Murray are as good as it gets! I highly recommend!Kory JohnsonFacebook