Learn Your Wedding Dance at Our Dance Studio in Tampa FL!
If you haven’t chosen a wedding song, speak to one of our instructors. They can recommend something based on your favorite dance, music and personality.
Below are some of the most popular first dance wedding songs:
- Almost Paradise
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
- Endless Love
- Fields of Gold
- Fly Me To The Moon
- Here & Now
- It Had To Be You
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- Let’s Stay Together
- When You Say Nothing At All
- When I First Saw You
- The Way You Look Tonight
- I Swear
- Day & Night
- Someone To Watch Over Me
- Crazy For You
- Don’t Know Much
Tip: Wear shoes that are similar to what you will wear at the wedding for best practice!
Top 10 places couples use their dancing skills AFTER the big day:
- Holiday parties
- Studio classes & events
- Your own kitchen, living room or bedroom!
Tip: Make sure you maximize your lessons by attending our group classes and practice parties to prepare you for your reception.
Things to Know for Your First Dance:
- What kind of music will you have at your wedding?
- Do you have a band or DJ? Will they play your first song?
- What size is the dance floor?
- Will you have a mother-son, father-daughter, or any bridal party dances?
- Does your dress or veil have any limitations?
Tip: Most couples say that taking dance lessons together was the most fun they had in preparation for their wedding!
More Important Tips to Remember!
- Don’t teach each other. Have fun and let the instructor do the teaching.
- We can customize a specialty group class for your bridal party- just see your teacher
- Don’t forget about the other special dances that will take place at your wedding. We are happy to help with father/ daughter and mother/ son dances as well as bridal party lessons and group lessons.
- Use the group classes and practice parties as often as possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on private lessons, but the practice parties and group classes can be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like and the teachers will be there to help you!
- If you plan to dance to a special song at your reception, feel free to bring a copy to your dance lessons. If you haven’t chosen a song, we can recommend something based on your favorite dance and personality.
- Lessons will get you out of the hustle and bustle of wedding planning to enjoy quality time together. Learning to dance and having fun can be a great stress reliever as well as a rewarding lifelong activity.
Don’t wait till the last minute!
Your schedule will be crazy enough right before the big day. Couples are happiest when they start at least 4 to 6 months before the wedding.
Call us today or fill out our contact form to receive a FREE 30- minute private lesson!